Xbox Insider Program Introduces New Update Preview for Alpha Ring Users
Hey Xbox Insiders! We have an exciting announcement for all Alpha ring users. A new Xbox Update Preview is set to roll out, bringing some background improvements to ensure a high-quality and stable build for Xbox consoles. Although the noticeable changes to the user interface might be minimal, it is essential for all Alpha ring users to stay informed about the updates coming to their devices.
System Update Details
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2310ZN\25398.2440.230924-2200
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – September 27, 2023
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 28, 2023
New Features and Experiences
We have some exciting news for Alpha users participating in the Xbox Update Preview. Here’s what you can expect:
Optional Data Collection Settings
In this update, we are introducing a new settings prompt that will be initially available to users in the US, with plans for additional regions and languages in the near future. With this change, you may receive a prompt to adjust your Optional Data Collection settings.
We highly recommend leaving this option set to “Yes, I’m In” to allow for continued Optional Data Collection. By enabling this feature, you contribute crucial information that helps us address potential issues and improve overall experiences before public release.
If you choose to set it to “No Thanks,” we advise doing so only to verify the experience and then reverting back to your previous settings under Settings > Account > Privacy & Online as soon as possible. Please note that disabling Optional Data Collection temporarily limits the amount of data we collect from your console, which may affect our ability to resolve certain issues swiftly and enhance your gaming experience.
It’s important to note that this limitation will only last throughout the current flighting period for Xbox Insiders. All Xbox consoles enrolled in an Xbox Update Preview ring must have Optional Data Collection enabled by default. Rest assured, these settings will be restored once the next update becomes publicly available. This policy applies to users who disable Optional Data Collection through Settings as well.
Thanks to the diligent work of Xbox engineers, we are thrilled to inform you about the following fixes that have been implemented in this update:
- Various updates have been made to ensure accurate localization across the console. Please note that users participating in the Preview may encounter temporary text anomalies across the user interface. For more information, please refer to our support page.
We understand that some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes, and we want to assure you that our engineers are diligently working to find solutions. However, certain issues may require more time to address. Here are a few known issues:
- We have received reports of intermittent audio issues across the dashboard, games, and apps. If you encounter any audio problems, we urge you to submit feedback via the Report a Problem feature immediately, selecting the “Reproduce with advanced diagnostics” option and specifying the category “Console experiences” and “Console Audio Output Issues.”
- When reporting the issue, please provide as much information as possible, including when the issue started, whether you lost audio only in a specific game/app or system-wide, if changing the audio format resolved the issue, whether a system reboot resolved the problem, your setup details (equipment, layout, etc.), and any additional information that can help reproduce the problem.
Keyboard Button Mapping for Xbox Controllers
- The “Learn More” button in the Xbox Accessories app is currently not functional.
- If you change your keyboard language settings while the Xbox Accessories app is open, please note that the change will only take effect after you exit the app or restart your console.
- We are aware that recently installed titles may unexpectedly wrap to a second row in the Manage Queue section. Our team is actively working on a fix for this issue.
- We are currently investigating reports of consoles not connecting to networks as expected upon boot-up. If you encounter this issue, please report it via the Report a Problem feature immediately.
- Workaround: If your console doesn’t connect to the network, please wait for a minute to allow the connection to establish. If the issue persists, restart your Xbox console from the Power Center by holding the Xbox button, selecting “Restart console,” and choosing to restart.
Remember to use the Report a problem feature to keep us informed of any issues you encounter. While we may not be able to respond to everyone individually, the data collected through this feature is vital to identifying and resolving issues.
If you need support as an Xbox Insider, we encourage you to reach out to our community subreddit. The subreddit is populated by official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders who are more than willing to assist you with any concerns you may have.
Before posting in the subreddit, we recommend browsing through the most recent posts to check if your issue has already been addressed. If you find a similar thread, feel free to contribute to it instead of creating a new post. This way, we can provide you with the best possible support and assistance. Don’t forget to utilize the “Report a problem” feature before posting, as the information shared in both places helps us gain a better understanding of your issue.
We want to express our gratitude to all the Xbox Insiders active in the subreddit today. The friendly and community-driven conversations and support in that space make it a valuable hub for all Xbox enthusiasts.
For more information about the Xbox Insider Program, follow us on Twitter. Stay tuned for future Xbox Insider Release Notes to stay up to date with the latest information regarding your Xbox Update Preview ring!