New Xbox Update Preview Coming to Alpha Skip-Ahead Ring
Hey Xbox Insiders! Exciting news coming your way as we announce a new Xbox Update Preview that will soon be available for the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. While some may question the need for regular updates when the noticeable changes to the UI are minimal, it is important to note that these updates include crucial background improvements that contribute to the overall quality and stability of Xbox consoles.
As committed gaming enthusiasts, we continue to post these release notes to keep you informed about the updates coming your way. Let’s dive into the details below:
System Update Details
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_DEV_FLIGHT\25961.1001.230925-2000
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – September 27, 2023
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 28, 2023
Our dedicated team of Xbox engineers has been hard at work to bring you a more seamless gaming experience. Here are the notable fixes implemented in this build:
- Various updates have been made to properly reflect local languages across the console. Please note that users participating in the Preview may encounter “odd” text across the console. For more information, visit our official channel for further guidance.
We acknowledge that some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. Rest assured, our dedicated team is actively working to find a solution. Here are some known issues that you need to be mindful of:
- We have recently received reports of users experiencing intermittent audio issues across the dashboard, games, and apps. If you encounter such issues, please submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately. In your report, be sure to include details such as the timing of the issue, information on whether it affects only the game/app or the entire system audio, any changes made to the audio format, and your console setup information.
Keyboard Button Mapping for Xbox Controllers
- If you change your keyboard language settings while the Xbox Accessories app is open, the change will be reflected after quitting the app or rebooting your console.
- We are aware that recently installed titles may wrap to a second row unexpectedly. Rest assured, we are actively working on a fix to address this issue.
- We are currently investigating reports of a network connectivity issue that some users may experience during boot. If you encounter such an issue, please report it via Report a Problem as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can use the workaround by waiting for a minute for the connection to establish. If the console still fails to connect, you can restart your Xbox from the Power Center by holding the Xbox button and selecting Restart Console.
Remember, your feedback is crucial in helping us improve your gaming experience. Therefore, please make sure to use the “Report a problem” tool to keep us informed about any issues you encounter.
If you are an Xbox Insider looking for support or have any concerns, we encourage you to reach out to the community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to assist you.
Before posting in the subreddit, we encourage you to browse through recent posts to check if your issue has already been addressed. Adding your thoughts and experiences to existing threads enables us to support you better. Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” as well, as the information shared in both places assists us in resolving your issues more efficiently.
On behalf of all of us at Xbox, we would like to express our gratitude for your active participation in the subreddit. It has truly become a friendly and community-driven hub for gamers to engage in meaningful conversations and support each other.
For more updates and information about the Xbox Insider Program, be sure to follow us on Twitter. Keep an eye out for future Xbox Insider Release Notes to stay informed about the latest updates coming to your Xbox Update Preview ring!