Xbox Update Preview Coming to Alpha Skip-Ahead Ring
Attention Xbox Insiders! Get ready for an exciting new Xbox Update Preview that’s on its way to the Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. While this update may not bring in noticeable changes to the UI, it focuses on background improvements to deliver a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles. Here’s all the information you need to know:
System Update Details:
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_DEV_FLIGHT\25959.1005.230924-2000
- Available: 5 p.m. PT – September 25, 2023
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 26, 2023
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, this build comes with several important fixes:
- Addressed an issue where the console could unexpectedly shut down while playing certain titles.
- Various updates have been made to ensure the accurate representation of local languages throughout the console. Please note that users participating in the Preview may encounter “odd” text, and for more information, refer to the official documentation.
We understand that some issues have been persisting from previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. While solutions are being actively sought, it may take some time for our dedicated engineers to find a resolution. The known issues in this build include:
- We have received reports of users experiencing intermittent audio issues in various areas of the console, including the dashboard, games, and apps. If you encounter any audio problems, please submit feedback immediately with the “Reproduce with advanced diagnostics” option selected and categorize it under “Console experiences” and “Console Audio Output Issues.” The more details you provide, the better we can address the problem.
Keyboard Button Mapping for Xbox Controllers
- If you modify your keyboard language settings while the Xbox Accessories app is open, the changes will take effect after quitting the app or rebooting your console.
- We are aware of an issue where recently installed titles may unexpectedly wrap to a second row. Our team is actively working on resolving this problem.
- Some users may face difficulties connecting to their network as expected upon booting the console. If you experience this issue, please report it via “Report a Problem” as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can try waiting for a minute to establish the connection or restart your Xbox from the Power Center by holding the Xbox button and selecting Restart console.
Upload your Captures to OneDrive
- If you are backing up a large collection of captures (1000+) to OneDrive, it may take a while for everything to appear. Please be patient and allow a few days for the process to complete.
If you encounter any issues, be sure to use the “Report a problem” feature to keep us informed. Although we may not be able to respond to every report, the data we collect is invaluable in resolving any problems.
If you require support or have any questions about the Xbox Insider Program, reach out to the supportive community subreddit. There, you’ll find official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders ready to assist you with any concerns or inquiries.
When posting on the subreddit, we encourage you to browse through recent posts to see if your issue has already been discussed. Join existing threads to contribute your experiences before creating a new one. This helps us provide you with the best support possible. Don’t forget to utilize the “Report a problem” feature alongside the subreddit for a more comprehensive understanding of your issue.
We appreciate the Xbox Insider community for fostering a friendly and community-driven hub. Your conversations and support contribute to making the Xbox Insider Program a truly remarkable experience.
For further updates regarding the Xbox Insider Program, make sure to follow us on Twitter. Stay tuned for more Xbox Insider Release Notes, where you’ll find all the essential information about your Xbox Update Preview ring!