Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.01 Coming Soon to Address Crashing and Save Data Issues
Just days after releasing the highly anticipated 2.0 update for Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt Red is already hard at work on the next update. According to a recent blog post on the developer’s website, Cyberpunk 2077’s 2.01 update is currently in the works and is expected to be released soon. This update aims to fix some of the major issues that players have been experiencing, including crashing problems and save data corruption on PlayStation.
Fixing Crashing Issues and Save Data Corruption
One of the main focuses of the upcoming 2.01 update is to address the crashing issues that have plagued many players. It aims to provide a more stable gameplay experience by resolving the crashes that have been occurring. Additionally, the update will fix a rare issue where players on PlayStation were finding their save data corrupted, preventing them from continuing their progress in the game.
In addition to the crash fixes and save data improvements, the Cyberpunk 2077 2.01 update will also bring performance improvements to both console and PC versions of the game. This means that players can expect a smoother and more optimized gameplay experience, with better frame rates and reduced lag in certain areas of the game.
Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.01 Patch Notes
- The distorted effect caused by selecting a specific dialogue option when talking to Johnny at the end of Automatic Love will no longer persist on the screen.
- V will no longer die in The Heist by falling through the elevator when riding to the 42nd floor with low FPS.
- Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing with keyboard and mouse.
- Made it possible to properly switch to arms cyberware by cycling through weapons.
- Gig: Breaking News will be properly triggered after approaching the quest area.
- Vehicle radio volume will be adjusted so it’s not too quiet when compared to other sounds in the game.
- Addressed the issue of corrupted saves on PlayStation by increasing the maximum save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix the saves corrupted before the update. If you’re experiencing the issue, keep a working save (e.g. resave it as a manual save) till 2.01 arrives.
- Performance improvements for both PC and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area.
With the release of the 2.01 update for Cyberpunk 2077, players can look forward to a more stable and optimized gaming experience. CD Projekt Red is committed to addressing the issues that have been affecting players and is working diligently to improve the game’s overall performance. Stay tuned for further updates and enjoy your journey through Night City.