Cyberpunk 2077: Save Corruption Bug Affecting PS5 Players
CD Projekt Red has acknowledged a serious issue impacting Cyberpunk 2077 players on the PlayStation 5 (PS5) console. The bug, known as the “Phantom Liberty PS5 Save Corruption Bug,” has resulted in the corruption of save files, leaving players unable to load them and potentially losing hundreds of hours of gameplay. The problem has gained widespread attention and sparked frustration among players, with numerous posts and discussions on platforms such as Reddit and social media.
The developer has addressed the issue on its official support page, stating, “We are currently investigating an issue for PlayStation 5 where save files may get corrupted after playing Phantom Liberty for some time using the base game save.” To minimize the risk, CD Projekt Red advises players not to overwrite their existing base game saves while playing Phantom Liberty and expresses gratitude for the players’ patience as they work on a fix.
Thankfully, relief is on the way. CD Projekt Red has announced the upcoming release of patch 2.01, which not only addresses the save corruption bug but also introduces several welcomed improvements to the game. Alongside the fix, the update includes enhancements such as improved radio audio volume, the ability to cycle to arm weaponry, and performance optimizations, particularly in the DLC’s Dogtown district.
Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.01 Patch Notes
- The distorted effect caused by selecting a specific dialogue option when talking to Johnny at the end of Automatic Love will no longer persist on the screen.
- V will no longer die in The Heist by falling through the elevator when riding to the 42nd floor with low FPS.
- Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing with a keyboard and mouse.
- Made it possible to properly switch to arm cyberware by cycling through weapons.
- Gig: Breaking News will now be properly triggered after approaching the quest area.
- Vehicle radio volume will be adjusted to ensure it is not too quiet compared to other sounds in the game.
- Addressed the issue of corrupted saves on PlayStation systems by increasing the maximum save file size limit. Note: this will not fix saves that were already corrupted prior to the update. If you are experiencing this issue, it is advised to keep a working save (e.g., resave it as a manual save) until the 2.01 update is released.
- Performance improvements for both PC and console players, especially in the Dogtown area.
Have you encountered the devastating save corruption issue in Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5? Share your experiences and thoughts below as we wait patiently for the arrival of update 2.01.