Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Expansion Receives Rave Reviews
It’s been roughly one week since the launch of Phantom Liberty — the big expansion for Cyberpunk 2077. CD Projekt Red’s RPG is in a better position than it ever has been: the DLC’s been a hit with critics and fans, while the accompanying Update 2.0 has significantly improved the gameplay and flow of the base game. It feels like Night City’s been reborn (again!), and that’s impressive given the title’s undeniable shortcomings when it first released several years ago.
But talking purely in terms of the expansion, we awarded it an ‘excellent’ 9/10 in our glowing Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty PS5 review. “Phantom Liberty is often Cyberpunk 2077 at its very best,” we wrote. “A gripping narrative complete with great characters adds another dimension to the open world RPG, while the main mission and side quest design remains top notch throughout. It’s a tremendous expansion that delivers a truly memorable experience.” Indeed, we’re still thinking about it!
As always, though, we’re here to find out what you think. In a recent poll, gamers were asked to rate Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty on PS5. The results are as follows:
|Score||Rating||Percentage of Votes|
Based on the poll results, it is clear that the majority of players who participated in the poll rated the expansion as excellent, with an overwhelming 67% giving it a rating of 9 out of 10. Only 8% of the participants rated it as abysmal.
Players have been sharing their experiences with Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty in the comments section. Here are some of their testimonials:
- Korgon: “I’m still working through it but so far it’s been really excellent. CDPR really knows how to make great, compelling DLC for sure. My only gripe I’ve had with it just be the awkward platforming section in the beginning but thankfully it’s short and after that it’s just a great time.”
- VaultGuy415: “Cyberpunk will never be the 11-out-of-10 game of the decade we hoped for, but it’s a hell of a lot better than Starfield.”
- Bentleyma: “I gave it a 9, despite not being able to play it at the moment. Anyone else hit a bug on the mission ‘You Know My Name’? I get on the sniper rifle and then the game tells me to scan several things, but it won’t let me do it, which means I’m unable to continue.”
- Anon_Pel222: “First time playing 2.0 … CDPR really turns the tide 🌊…..”
- Ironcrow86: “Don’t get me wrong, I love me some Idris Elba but quite frankly it’s still a typical CDPR game…the inventory is a mess, the level up system is confusing and the dialogue is beyond awful…just my honest opinion, no trolling here 🙂”
These testimonials showcase a varied range of opinions, highlighting both the positive aspects and the areas that players believe need improvement. It goes to show that even with a highly regarded expansion, there will always be room for different perspectives and feedback.
The release of the Phantom Liberty expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 has been a resounding success, with both critics and fans praising the DLC. The major improvements made in Update 2.0 have breathed new life into the base game, making it a much more enjoyable experience. While there are still areas that could be further refined, it is evident that CD Projekt Red has made significant strides in addressing the game’s initial shortcomings. With an excellent rating of 9 out of 10 in our review and a majority of players expressing their satisfaction with the expansion, it is a testament to the studio’s commitment to delivering quality content.