Gran Turismo Sport to Lose Online Features in January
Polyphony Digital has announced that “Gran Turismo Sport” will lose its online functionalities as of January 2024, specifically on the last day of the first month of the next year.
Key Dates and Details
- December 1, 2023: All digital content will be removed from the PlayStation Store, and it will no longer be possible to purchase additional content for use in “Gran Turismo Sport”.
- January 31, 2024: “Gran Turismo Sport” will no longer allow the use of services such as Communities, Open Lobby, and Sport Mode. Additionally, viewing or using items created for the game and shared through online servers will not be possible.
Offline Play and Purchased Content
- “Gran Turismo Sport” will remain available through local content, and all extra content that has already been purchased will be accessible to players.
- Polyphony Digital expresses gratitude to players who have supported the game since 2017 but states that it is now time to focus on “Gran Turismo 7”.
- Digital items that have already been downloaded will remain accessible even after January 31, 2024. However, online functionalities will be disabled, which may affect some trophies.
Note for Trophy Hunters
- If you still have online trophies for “Gran Turismo Sport” to unlock, you have a few months to achieve them.
Polyphony Digital is shifting its focus towards the future developments and is thankful for the support from the gaming community since the release of “Gran Turismo Sport” in 2017. The transition signifies an end of an era but also heralds the concentration on upcoming projects, notably “Gran Turismo 7”.