Xbox Update Preview for Alpha Ring: Background Improvements and Fixes Implemented
Hey Xbox Insiders! Get ready for a new Xbox Update Preview coming to the Alpha ring. While the noticeable changes to the UI may be minimal, these preview OS builds bring important background improvements that ensure a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles. Here’s what you need to know.
System Update Details:
- OS version released: XB_FLT_2310ZN\25398.2429.230921-2200
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – September 25, 2023
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – September 26, 2023
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this build:
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
- Note: Users participating in Preview may see “odd” text across the console. For more information, click here.
We understand that some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. The Xbox engineers are actively working on finding solutions, although it may take some time. Here are a few known issues:
- Intermittent issues with audio across the dashboard, games, and apps have been reported.
- Note: If you experience audio issues, please submit feedback via Report a Problem immediately. Make sure to choose the “Reproduce with advanced diagnostics” option and select the category “Console experiences” and “Console Audio Output Issues.” Provide as much information as possible to help us reproduce and address the problem.
Keyboard Button Mapping for Xbox Controllers
- In the Xbox Accessories app, the “Learn More” button is currently not functional.
- If you change your keyboard language settings while the Xbox Accessories app is open, the change will be reflected after quitting the app or rebooting your console.
- We are aware that recently installed titles may wrap to a second row unexpectedly, and we are working on a fix.
- We are investigating reports of an issue where the console may not connect as expected on boot. If you experience this, report the issue via Report a Problem.
- Workaround: Wait for a minute for the connection to establish. If your console still hasn’t connected, restart it using the Power Center by holding the Xbox button > Restart console > Restart.
Upload your Captures to OneDrive
- If you are backing up a large collection of captures (1000+), it may take a while for everything to appear. Please allow a few days.
Make sure to use Report a Problem to keep us informed of your issues. Your feedback is crucial in finding a resolution. Although we may not be able to respond to everyone individually, the data we gather is essential.
If you’re an Xbox Insider and need support, don’t forget to check out the community subreddit. You’ll find official Xbox staff, moderators, and fellow Xbox Insiders ready to help with your concerns. Before posting, look through recent posts to see if your issue has already been addressed. Adding to existing threads is recommended as it enables better support. Don’t forget to use “Report a Problem” before posting to give us the information needed to understand your issue better.
Thank you to all the Xbox Insiders in the subreddit today, as it has become an amazing and community-driven hub for conversation and support.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program, follow us on Twitter. Stay tuned for future Xbox Insider Release Notes to get the latest updates on your Xbox Update Preview ring!