Hunt: Showdown Gets Native PS5 Version, Engine Upgrade in April 2024
in ,

Hunt: Showdown Receives Native PS5 Version and Engine Upgrade in April 2024




Hunt: Showdown PS5 Upgrade and Engine Update Announced

Hunt: Showdown PS5 Upgrade and Engine Update Announced


Hunt: Showdown PS4 PlayStation

What to Expect

Developer Crytek has announced that Hunt: Showdown will be receiving a native PS5 version in April 2024, along with an engine upgrade to align with the next CryEngine update. These technical advancements were detailed in a lengthy roadmap video outlining the changes to come.

The End of PS4 Support

The PS4 iteration of Hunt: Showdown will no longer receive support, given the upcoming release of the enhanced PS5 version. Previously, a patch was released that enabled the game to run at 60 frames-per-second on PS4. The native PS5 version will further enhance the gameplay experience by providing 4K visuals, enhanced controller support, and input upgrades.

Free PS4 to PS5 Upgrade

David Fifield, general manager of the Hunt franchise, acknowledged that these changes would affect less than 10% of active users while greatly improving the experience for the remaining 90%. The developer has promised a free upgrade path for PS4 players to seamlessly transition to the PS5 version. However, support for the game will ultimately cease on the previous platform by April 2024.

User Feedback and Future Enthusiasm

The original release of Hunt: Showdown back in February 2020 was received positively by players. With the upcoming PS5 version, gamers who have been playing on the PS4 in recent days can look forward to a fresh start with enhanced graphics and gameplay improvements. Users are encouraged to share their thoughts and anticipation for the new version in the comments section below.

“We thought the game was pretty great back at launch, admittedly back in February of 2020. Have you been playing on PS4 in recent days? Are you looking forward to a fresh start on PS5? Let us know in the comments section below.”





Source link

See also  brings the characters to life with the arrival of Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition on PS5 this October 6th

What do you think?

Written by Corey McNamara

Corey has a great love for MMORPGs", a deep dive into the social dynamics of online gaming. He is a frequent speaker at gaming conventions and a champion for inclusivity in the industry.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Hisuian Decidueye Tera Raid Battle

Tera Raid Battle: Exploring Pokemon Scarlet and Violet with Hisuian Decidueye

Fantastic fantasy city builder Against the Storm gets huge update

Massive update released for the incredible fantasy city builder, Against the Storm